Monday, July 7, 2014

Forces of Nature

Forces of Nature

So I met a girl by complete accident while I was in Las Vegas prepping myself for an event called Electric Daisy Carnival. Let’s begin with what EDC is? EDC is one of the most electrifying music festivals in North America. Folks around the world all pour into the Nascar Speedway Motor track in search of hearing their favorite DJ’s. Throughout the night, fireworks are lighting up sky, perfectly timed to the climax of a song, thus causing hundreds and thousands of people to dance extra hard to the rhythm of beat. Everyone’s creativity is novelty and we are all expressing ourselves though the clothing and colors we have crafted or have chosen to wear. This is all layered by a surreal feeling, a sense of platinic love in the air; you cant help but to take that air in and embrace the energy. And yes, the night is enhanced by the amount of energy your own friends bring or the amazing people you meet. So we are all careful to choose who we bring with us and also who we engage ourselves with.

 I was lucky enough to meet a girl at Excalibur two nights before the actual event. I was crossing into New York New York when I noticed 3 girls taking pictures. One of the girls caught my attention as I walked by. She didn’t do anything specifically to catch my attention… Maybe I caused myself to catch attention for when I noticed her smile. I can’t explain it. What I can explain that this strange feeling drove me to speak to her.

So I asked the girls if they were ready for EDC? These girls had no idea what EDC was. I was appalled, shocked and dismayed that none of these girls knew of my favorite EDC event. For a second I thought maybe all these girls have been sheltered too long or maybe they all belonged to a private captive community and somehow managed to escape. So no big deal, they managed to escape this community and now I have an opportunity to make more conversation with them in regards to what EDC is. Perfect angle for the perfect angel! We all introduce ourselves and build conversation. There are several conversations in the air but Elena’s conversation captures me and strays me towards her the most. Yes, this is girl who caught my attention with her smile.

 So as Johnny would say, short story long, we end up spending the next two days getting to know each other- talking- gambling- walking the strip and drinking Utica’s (Redbull, Malibu Coconut Rum & sprite). Somehow I managed to morph a connection with this complete stranger and I think she’s enjoying my company. I went from being a hopeless romantic to being a hopeful romantic. And now it’s day 2 and EDC is here. Yup I took her to EDC and made my evening extra platonic 

I’m not sure what my future will bring or what will become of this trip and of this experience. But I do know I am happy to be a part of it and wouldn’t trade if for anything else.

So far it seems like Forces of Nature-


No comments:

Post a Comment